Monday, August 17, 2009

Live Blogging 12 - Let there be Light


Yeah, this is not the final result. I am still in the midst of experimenting in photoshop to create the effect of light shafts in water. I was planning on doing it with paint, but before I tried that and potentially ruin the painting, I thought I'd give it a digital shot.

As you can see, they don't really work. The first one uses five spotlights, and the one above uses a blue omni filter. Looks really cool, but not quite the effect I was going for. Below is close, tweaking the spotlights at an angle.

After working on this for an hour and debating with both Craig and Lady R in New Zealand. We are a bit stuck. But Craig did manage this effect above, literally making pikaia god of all things Burgess!

More work is needed...

3 comments:

Glendon Mellow said...

Light filter effects are kind of limited on their own. One solution is to put them on separate layers, and tweak each one using transform and distort to give them wavy appearances.

Peter Bond said...

So I would in effect be creating a few planes from deep to closer, with a different light effect on each one? Yeah, that might work. I'll def give it a try! Cheers!

Dinorider d'Andoandor said...

There is something on the 3rd picture that I really like but somehow that "pikaia is god" one catches my eye too.